Monday, September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Everything

Summer is by far my absolute favorite time of year, and not just because I'm a teacher so it means I can sleep in a little.  I love the heat.  I love sundresses.  I love making ice cream.  I love my birthday.  
Photo Credit:I Am Ned Starks Missing Head
However, the runner-up to summer is fall and mostly because of my love for pumpkin.  Here are some of my favorite pumpkin-y things:

Pumpkin chili-I found this recipe last year at Trader Joe's and made it repeatedly last fall.  

Pumpkin bread-We cheer any time Georgia finds a new food she will eat.  Her preschool class made pumpkin bread and when she gobbled it up, we knew it would be a repeat.

Photo credit: Starbucks
Pumpkin spice lattes-A pumpkin spice latte (PSL if you're hip to the writing on the side of your cup) makes me so happy.  A pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin scone?  I may die.

Pumpkin-colored jeans-Shopped the outlets with Matt on his birthday.  How big did I score marrying a man who enjoys shopping???  Maybe they aren't as practical as a pair of blue jeans, but who cares?  They are adorable, and I'm going to wear the heck out of them.

Pumpkin patches & carving-There is nothing better than finding the perfect pumpkin (even if it's upside down).  I know getting a pumpkin from the grocery store is way less expensive, but it just doesn't take the place of seeking out the perfect one. Yes, pumpkins from patches are more money, but I can justify it because it was also a source of entertainment.


Shopping for Pumpking?